Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Great Lent

Lent started on Monday and I am so glad. It is such a beautiful and holy part of the year! Sunday evening was Forgiveness Vespers which is truly one of the most moving services. It is the regular lenten vespers but with an addition. Everyone at the service goes though a line and says "forgive me a sinner" and then you respond "God forgives and I forgive, forgive me." This is repeated until you have asked forgiveness of everybody and forgiven them all. It is truly beautiful service and a wonderful way to start lent. 
As well as fasting during lent our family is going to try and say evening prayers together every night. We used to pray together every evening when I was small but as we all got older and were home less it happened less often. I have very fond memories of praying with my parents and twin in bed when I was little and I hope that my siblings will have similar memories.
I hope you all have a blessed and fruitful lent.
Glory to God for All Things
Cecilia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment