Friday, October 4, 2013

A birthday and fall

 So Brother the Bean had a birthday this week, he turned eleven! It is very hard to believe! He is my first sibling I remember life without, but really I am not sure what life was like! Very different that's for sure! Bean is very excited to have received a nice flash light, I am not sure what he intends to use it for but he has it! We drove to Omaha to visit grandma, it was a lot of fun although I didn't do much other than catch up on sleep!
In Omaha we attended a western right orthodox church, which is based off the Anglican mass and has the same saints and feast days as the rest of the western church. They also use gregorian chant and hymns like the western church and it is very beautiful and very familiar because we converted to orthodoxy from an episocopalian/Anglican parish . On Sunday it was the feast of Saint Micheal the Archangel, so happy name day to all the Micheals, I know at least one, and as we say in orthodoxy many years! We actually say that a lot we say it for birthdays, name days, anniversaries and some other things that I am drawing a blank on.
We are back doing school this week in someways it is better because we have a schedule that we have to loosely follow. We also had our first HOSA meeting and I think that it is going to be a great year! I am going to try really hard to get to nationals and it is not just because it is in Orlando Fl... Okay it has a little to do with it ;)
Fall has arrived! I love the colors and the cooler weather! I am not getting used to the dark by 8 o'clock and it only gets worse from now on :( but in the fall all of the TV shows movies I have been waiting for come out! Dr Who and Sherlock are nearly killing me! There just aren't enough trailers!
Speaking of dr who, engineer sister and I turned into complete fan girls and bought TARDIS and Dalek dresses! we have new favorite outfits and a haloween costumes! I am still going to be Clara but in her Oswin Oswald form, as a Dalek and I am still going to wear my amazing hat because it is tardis blue and really how could I not?!?!
I have been felt very random in the car on the way home from Omaha and put my new sunglasses on Totes Bro and he can totes rock aviator sunglasses!

Glory to God for All Things.

Cecilia!

No comments:

Post a Comment